Read this article to know the heart attack facts and live longer with your loved ones.
After reaching the age of 45 most of us become more concerned about longevity and quality of life. The reason behind this concern is the lifestyle we follow with no proper workout regime. Exercise is not just meant for people aged 45 or over, everyone even younger crowd should follow the healthy lifestyle and 45 minutes of daily workout regime.
What is heart attack?
Blockage in heart causes pain and attack. The heart attack trouble is caused when the heart muscles are detected to be damaged or dead. Now you might ask why this happens. The reason for this damage is that heart muscle is not getting sufficient amount of blood and oxygen. When someone is diagnosed with heart attack this means the person’s heart has a blockage in the coronary arteries. Coronary arteries help to carry oxygen and nutrients to heart muscles so, that heart can beat longer. Without ample oxygen and nutrients heart finds difficulty to pump blood to human body.
Here are some Random heart attack facts –
- According to American Medical reports heart disease is the number one killer for both men and women. More than 1.5 million heart attack is been recorded every year with 500,000 deaths.
- More than 233,000 women are caught with heart disease annually. Women are more concerned with breast cancer however; heart attack is major cause for their death.
- Medical reports states that Americans die of heart attack not because of high cholesterol trouble but due to blockage in coronary arteries. When diagnosed it was found that heart victim’s coronary artery that supplies blood to heart has become blocked or narrow.
- Silent heart attack is more common in women than men. Quick treatment is the key to save silent heart attack casualty’s life.
- According to The National Registry of Myocardial Infarctions, women suffer more and take longer time to recover from heart troubles than men. The observation of the report showed that women of age 45 or above had twice the mortality of men after having a heart attack.
- In America more than 14 million people have been reported with history of heart troubles.
- Early sign of heart attack is referred as angina pectoris. This condition occurs when blood vessels are diagnosed to be damaged due to uneven flow of blood and oxygen into the heart muscles. The word angina is derived from the Greek language which means Strangulation.
- More than 50% of people die before reaching hospital. Remember never to delay in making an emergency medical call. Chest pain, difficulty in breathing or blood in vomiting consult your doctor today.
- According to medical studies the most common time frame for heart trouble to occur is Monday morning Pharmacy and Saturday morning was ranked second.
- Chewing of uncoated aspirin right away, can help you reduce the chest pain. Aspirin works as a miracle drug which has proven to survive the life of many heart victims.