There are many Risk factors for Myocardial Infarction and most of them are associated with the risk factors of atherosclerosis.
Some Super Active+ Online Pharmacy of the common risk factors of Myocardial Infarction are listed below.
(1) Diabetes (with or without insulin resistance) – It is considered to be one of the major risk factor for ischaemic heart disease (IHD) that lead to Myocardial Infarction.
(2) Tobacco smoking – Tobacco is not only lethal for lungs but also it has severe harmful effects on the heart.
(3) Hypercholesterolemia – It refers to the condition of high low density lipoprotein and low high density lipoprotein.
(4) Presence of Low HDL, High Triglycerides and High blood pressure contributes to MI
(5)Family history of ischaemic heart disease (IHD) – If the individual has the IHD among its family members then it is likely to affect him as well.
(6)Obesity – the obese persons are more prone to MI because of the blood pressure related ailments in them.
(7)Age –The independent risk factor acquired by Men at the age of 45 and independent risk factor acquire by women at the age of 55. Moreover, if the individual has first degree male relatives who are suffering from coronary vascular event age 55 then he acquire an independent risk factor. Similarly, an individual acquire independent risk factor if he has first degree females who are suffering from coronary vascular event at age 65 or younger.
(8) Hyperhomocysteinemia – It is a condition marked by high levels of homocysteine which is a toxic blood amino acid.
(9) Stress is also one of the major risk factors for MI and it is more prevalent in persons with occupations of high stress index.
(10) Long exposure to high quantity of alcohol also led to increased risk of MI.
(11) It is observed from the statistics that males are more prone to MI as compared with females.