When someone gets heart attack those golden hour should be efficiently utilized to save the patient’s life. The important thing would be – not to get scared of the situation and act smartly before it gets too late.
Symptoms of heart attack:
- Difficulty to breath
- Wild or severe chest pain.
- Cold sweat.
- Pain in upper abdomen
- Vomiting and in some cases patient might notice blood in vomiting.
- Cold skin and lips turn blue.
- Pulse becoming irregular.
First aim to aid the heart attack patient-
Make sure the patient sits comfortably and call the emergency number for help.
The most important thing to remember is that don’t panic, this is the main things when dealing with heart attack casualty.
- Make sure the patient is in a supported position with knees bent.
- Call the emergency number, remember to ask for the ambulance and tell then that you suspect a heart attack.
- Make the patient remains in his conscious and provide the casualty with a 300 mg tablet of Aspirin to chew.
- Till the ambulance arrive monitor the health of the casualty and if he loses the consciousness be ready to give resuscitation.
- Ask the patient to cough and pull a deep breath. Doing this allows the patient to stay awake till help arrives or pulse becomes normal. The aim of this breathing exercise isto allow the flow of oxygen into patient’s lungs.
How to provide artificial respiration to a heart attack casualty?
Firstly comfortably till the head back of the casualty then lift the chin in upward direction. Silently pinch the nostrils with two fingers in a way that no air is leaked. Take a deep breath and cover your face over the casualty’s mouth. Do this process for the couple of seconds till the casualty’s chest is inflated adequately. Check if the chest of the casualty has raised or not if yes then enough air is blown. And you can stop the mouth to mouth respiration process. Repeat the procedure if the person is till unable to breath. Make sure the person is awake and has pulse until the medical help arrives. Keep the casualty warm and calm.
How to provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation?
The first step would be to check whether person is breathing or not. If not then you needto start with artificial respiration process as mentioned above. If you are experienced person then checking pulse in the neck (carotid artery) may not be a tough task. However, if you don’t have much experience then follow the below steps to save the casualty’s life-
Place the casualty in comfortable position then silently place your fingers between the windpipe and with other hand check the pulse. If youare not able to find the pulse or unsure then without any delay start with these steps-
Slowly place both your hand on the chest of the casualty and press gently. This process will help the casualty to gain consciousness.
This is a simple technique however need regular practice and guidance to provide proper first aid and resuscitation.