Are you approaching the older age group, or immediate family member is attacked by heart disease and you are afraid that your life is also in danger. The first thing is you must not be afraid of the situation, try to deal with life challenges.
How can you prevent yourself from heart attack?
Try to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Control your blood pressure- if you continue to follow an unhealthy lifestyle over a long period you will raise your blood pressure levels. And higher blood pressure can increase your chances of heart troubles. However, the good news is that today must by making simple healthy changes into your eating habits you can bay the heart troubles. The more you practice the healthy routine diet, the lower your risk of a heart attack or stroke will be.
Blood pressure diet
- Cut down on your salt intake- consumption of too much of salt will raise your blood pressure levels, so it is important to eat less salt. If you can control your daily intake of salt then you might not consume blood pressure medicines. You can avoid those by just taking control over your diet. Remember never to add salt on pre-cooked food or at the table. The people with high blood pressure levels should check food labels and pick low-salt food items.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables- include fresh fruits and vegetables to reduce your blood pressure levels. Doctors recommend that an adult should consume at least five portions of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Intake fresh fruits rather fruit juice. Try to avoid the tinned and frozen food items as they might have high level of salt, sugar or fats.
- Maintain your body weight- if you are over weight with high blood pressure level, the first thing you should focus on is on your body weight. As perfect body weight reduces the risk of health problems. The best way to reduce weight is to cut down on high calorie foods and plan a 45 minutes workout regime.
- Stop smoking and drinking- the best way to lower your blood pressure is to avoid cigarettes and alcohols.
How to lower your bad cholesterol levels?
- Avoid saturated fat: the step to lower the bad cholesterol is to avoid or limit the daily intake of food rich in saturated fat.
- A daily workout: are you aware of the fact that daily workout can help you raise good cholesterol and makes your immune system strong to fight the bad cholesterol.
- Eat cholesterol lowering food: once you know the secret you can pick your healthy meal. The food which help our body to lower the bad cholesterol are- peas, oat products, fish, beans and nuts. These food items help you keep your body active.
- Include supplements to lower bad cholesterol: Ask your doctor about cholesterol supplements which can help you lower your bad cholesterol.
By controlling your blood pressure and cholesterol levels you can lower the risk of heart attack by 80%. So, eat healthy and stay active.